May 25, 2011

I'm Back! Also, New Column!

Hello friends,

I apologise immensley for my two-month disappearing act. I met this strange british man in a "police public call box", who invited me to travel through time and space with him, and I just couldn't refuse. However, we have now unfortunately gone our separate ways (apparently he couldn't get over this Rose chick), so I am back here to write for you.



Anyway, first order of business: Cheesy Movie of the Week. The main issue that people seemed to have with it is that none of you had seen any of the films I was reviewing, and didn't feel like watching movies from 1985, so you didn't really have any motivation to read said reviews. With that in mind, I have decided I am going to try out a few new column ideas and see if any stick, going for something relative to more people. Starting next Monday (this Monday is special, see below), I am going to try out my first: "disappearing acts... super-famous celebs who suddenly vanished", with my first subject being the super-talented Rachel Leigh Cook. I figured that most of you should remember these people (celebrity Earharts mostly came from the late 90's), at least vaguely, so maybe it should work.

Second order of business: Anime North. I will be there this weekend, which is pretty much the most exciting thing ever, so this Monday's blog will be about it. If anyone reading this is going, shoot me a message and we'll meet somewhere. I will be Zelos Wilder, because I can. I am quite stoked for this year's con: the panels look cool, the writing workshops look really interesting, and I get to see my favourite gothic lolita for the first time since we were 14. Also, although I have absolutely no intention of attending it, I must mention that there will be a hentai pictionary game, the concept of which made me laugh alot. Probably the most terrifying game of pictionary ever.


Final order of business: Thank you for reading me! I am forever and eternally grateful for any and all readers! And I apologize once again for abandoning you: The Doctor was just too much to refuse. Hope to see more of you, as I write an actual article, rather than a list of things that I plan on writing about. See you Monday when I get back from my weekend of Anime, cosplay, free hugs, and tons of fun.

So take care. For now, I wish you well, I wish you love, and I wish myself all of the above.

(Yes I ended with a Josie and the Pussycats song. Deal with it)

2 comments:

  1. ...you need a life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That above comment makes me feel like it's quite appropriate that I named comments 'heckles'.
    Anyway, I feel like I have quite a life, considering I'm about to spend three days in Toronto with my close friends, living life to its fullest. I don't quite see how this implies my having no life (with the exception of being over-excited about Glee) but I feel quite satisfied with the quantity of life that I currently possess. Perhaps you require one?

    ReplyDelete