Feb 13, 2011

The Cheese is Dead

Ok, so due to a lack of reader interest, I have decided to finish my weekly Cheesy Movie of the Week segment. I will still be updating this blog every Monday (and occasionally throughout the week), so it stays regular, it will just no longer always be a Cheesy Movie of the Week, as the series is not drawing as much interest as my one-shot blogs (we have this nifty tool on blogspot called 'stats' and I can see that more people are reading non-cheesy movie posts than cheesy movie posts... basically I get to stalk you and call it research). Anyway, if anyone really, really liked the segment, shoot me a message, and I may consider re-vamping it, but for now I'm going to shoot for a wider variety of posts so it doesn't feel so formulaic, and I can keep you guys more engaged.



Anyway, this is more of an announcement post than an entertaining post, and I apologize. In an attempt to make it more interesting, I will integrate the next post I have planned into this one... it's rather short, and will make you feel like you didn't waste your time clicking on this page.

So, for anyone who has seen my Facebook statuses lately, I have been plagued by an onslaught of really bad sentences. Between signs, policies and other things, it seems like relatively unintelligent people have been following me around lately. Thus, I will post a few examples of the "what's wrong with this sentence game" I have been playing on my facebook wall, as well as other really bad sentences I've encountered in the past.

"We apologies for the inconvenience" (sign at Cineplex. Bonus points because I know the guy who made it)
"No open flames, such as candles, incense or potpourri" (Brock's residence agreement)
"This books publish date is January 2005 and it has a suggested retail price of $64.95. There are pages in the book and it was published by Kendall/Hunt Pub Co." (Description of Ryan Plummer's outdoor rec. book on a website)
"Emergency painting to remove graffiti will take place" (Brock announcements)

No comments:

Post a Comment